Day 20 of this 21 day fast. Ya know it's not hard making the right decisions about food. But when life offers different paths it never easy. God has made my fasting seem simple.....and God can make those paths the right ones. It should be as easy to choose.

Somehow leaving the safety net of this Daniel fast is a little daunting. I feel great and it is a wonderful way to eat and to treat my body, but old habits could come back. I think I have learned an incredible lesson in my faith and my strength, but also in my choices in food. It can rule your life and dictate what you do and how you do it. I like being in control of at least this part of my life. Knowing in some way I am pleasing God through the simplicity of it!

Tomorrow is Katharyn's birthday.....Sweet 16.......so very hard to believe! Me the mother of a 16 year old child and she is happy and still living. Who knew!! God Did!

The last day of my fast will be wonderful. God has in the strangest of ways given me a great gift and I am so blessed. I feel so comfortable in this way of eating......it has worked for me! This weekend will be a true test, with Katharyn's birthday and traveling and shopping. Lots of opportunities to really mess up. I'll be OK.

Malto meal
split pea soup
lentil soup several helpings!
banana


This entry was posted on 7:37 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: