Have I told you about the Pie? Really? Well, for Mike's birthday party, my sweet sister-in-law baked him a beautiful and delicious pecan pie. Now I did eat some of this pie that day, however, we bought half a pie home. Being Chris' favorite pie, I ask him to take the pie home with him. But he forgot it, so I offered it to Mike to take it to work. Mike didn't take it, thinking that Chris would be back for the pie! This pie calls out my name every time I open the fridge door. I open the door and PIE is there. Isn't there anything I can do. If I take it to work, then Teresa and Misty will snack a little on it (I hate them - I've told you that) and I'll have to bring it back home......riding to work, looking at it at work, and riding back home with this Pie!! Is there no mercy in this world? Last night I was even trying to justify eating some.........I wouldn't eat the crust(no bread), and the nuts would be nutricious (somewhat), it's just that SWEET part in between that would get me! Just one bite and half the pie would be gone. I haven't touched it (except to move it in and out of the fridge). I am to be admired.

Tomorrow starts a 14 day fast. Fasting has been a practice since the beginning of Christianity. And I strongly believe in cleansing yourself, as well as the sacrificial offering to my God. In this fast I am praying for my husband, hoping God will see his goodness and offer him a better way of life, where he will be more a part of our family. I want him in church too! I'm doing what's called a "Daniel" fast. No meat, no bread, no sweets. Just lots of fluid, veggies, and fruit. I can do this!! So for 14 days I also will post on my prayer journey, and my fast journey. Wish me well.

I have been HUNGRY all day. This evening after I ate my baked sweet potato and salad -I even added some sauteed veggies from the quesadillas, I was still very hungry!! Time to go to bed soon - I think I will make it. Mike has some yummy smelling chicken gumbo in there.....really wanted it! I am to be admired.

The gym is going well - almost killed myself with abs today! Why do I go in there, use exercises that aren't in any book, don't have any help or trainer, and wear myself out to the point that I almost can't walk out. Good Work out HUH??

Malto Meal
Split Pea Soup
Sweet Potato
green Salad
Sauteed Veggies w/butter
Banana


This entry was posted on 6:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: