Ok so if I plan on blogging my way through 2010, and documented my struggle to loose 20 pounds I should start like.....now!

2 years ago I began a journey to loose weight, but also to get healthier! I turned 50 that year and something had to change. I worked very, very, very HARD all year and lost 23 pounds!! Go Me!! But for some reason(I have no idea how) my resolve during the next year slipped a little. I still got all my exercising done...running 15 miles a week.....in the gym working with weights and pilates 5 days a week.....and counting all my points. Yet I couldn't loose another pound!! By Spring I was up 3 pounds. Summer it was 5, then 2 more that fall. Now I have to start over again. All the weight didn't come back on, but I now have to fight hard to start the loosing process all over again.

I can't snack!!!! That was one of the problems. Coming home from work and fooling myself by saying just a few chips were ok and or 1 piece of candy. There is just NO stopping at 1!! And at work too. There are always snacks. Either in the candy jar, or chips, crackers.......lots of snacks, and when we aren't busy..............I get bored.............I head for the snacks. They are only a few feet away from me and they call my name all day long......"here piggy."

So there 3 meals a day. Low fat, Higher protein, filling. Need to get 2 fuits, 5 veggies, and some whole grain. I know how to eat. I don't like spending a lot of time fixing my meal, and I don't like buying lunches. Mike cooks a lot and his food isn't always what I need to eat, but he doesn't get his feeling hurt if I pass on his selections.....well not anymore anyway!

Therefore, I begin a journey into my brain, and find a path to change the detrimental aspects of my eating disorders. I plan to loose at least 20 pounds by next year continuing my exercise and weights and achieving this goal before I get too old to care!

Happy New Year
Charlene


This entry was posted on 10:21 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: