To say the least......these last few days have been action packed and crazy stressful! Funerals are never easy, and relatives can and do make them much harder at times.
Louie's service was Saturday afternoon and Katharyn and I traveled over to Kerrville to meet Mike. Sunday morning we then drove further west to Junction to spread Louie's ashes over that beautiful cliff on the Johnson Fork Creek. It really was wonderful and fascinating for me to think that part of him will always be watching that creek drift by. It's very wild there, but he's safe and content high above the world. I envy him.
Louie's daughter Pat, has and still does haunt us. She raised quite a ruckus during his whole illness and his death will always be shadowed by her cruelty. How could someone be so mean-spirited and hateful?
Mike is home and doing well...........he wrestled all night as to whether he would go in to work. But he did......it will do him well. Nucor is currently a very boring place to be, I understand him not wanting to return. My prayers are still with him, however I wonder if I am praying for the right cause? I pray for God's will, and some enlightenment as to exactly what I should be praying for....me or Mike. Both need fixing for sure. God will let me know.
My fasting is still very well and on track even though I am starving today. I was able to sustain myself this weekend with canned soup, and trail mix! But I did it...no meat, no bread, and no sweets. Go Me! I did realize that right after this fast begins Lent season......Ugh! No more weight loss this week.....too much trail mix!
Beth Moore was asking us to see Jesus as this terrifically "holy" being. More so that our wildest imagination can allow. Such a fresh prospective! To really see Jesus as this brilliantly white, bright being of love and kindness. Inviting us to him saying "Do not be afraid!" There is nothing to fear.....He is our Lord.
Lots of trail mix, then more of the same.
Charlene
0 comments: